Requests for extensions on mine clearance deadlines
The meeting considered requests for extensions of deadlines for the destruction of anti-personnel mines in mined areas in accordance with Article 5 that had been submitted by Cyprus, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal.
Transparency: Guide to Reporting
The President presented an updated version of his Guide to Reporting which had been presented to delegations at the 25-26 June 2015 intersessional meetings. The Guide to Reporting is intended to assist States Parties in the fulfilment of their Article 7 obligations. This guide replaces previous reporting formats but it is not intended to increase reporting commitments beyond what the States Parties have already agreed.
ISU audited financial statement and preliminary report on activities and finances
In accordance with the “Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP, the Implementation Support Unit introduced the ISU’s 2015 interim narrative and financial report and the ISU’s 2014 audited financial statement. The 14MSP approved the report, as well as the ISU’s 2014 audited financial statement.
- Interim report on 2015 activities, functioning and finances of the ISU PDF 248KB
- ISU 2014 Audited financial statement PDF 106KB
ISU work plan and budget
In accordance with the "Directive from the States Parties to the ISU” adopted by the 10MSP, the ISU Acting Director presented a work plan and a budget for the activities of the ISU in 2016. The ISU work plan and budget for 2016 was subsequently adopted by the 14MSP.
Administrative and financial reform
States Parties adopted a number of measures including a four-year work plan (2016-2019) which distinguishes between basic expenditures and enhanced support and sets out the activities required to meet the objectives of the Maputo Plan of Action, an annual budget and a financial security buffer to strengthen the financial governance and transparency within the ISU and to increase predictability, accountability and ownership by States Parties of the work of the ISU. In addition, States Parties agreed on the job description and the selection procedure for the recruitment of a new ISU Director, as well as a set of principles for future ISU recruitments.
- ISU Work Plan and Budget 2016-2019 PDF 678KB
- Draft decision on strengthening financial governance and transparency within the ISU PDF 111KB
- Draft Decision on a selection procedure for the recruitment of a new ISU Director and on principles for future recruitments PDF 96KB
Intersessional meetings 2016
The 14MSP agreed that the 2016 intersessional meetings will take place from 19 to 20 May 2016 in Geneva.
Designation of new Committee members
The 14MSP agreed on the following eight States Parties serving a two-year term as new Committee members, starting at the end of the 14MSP:
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Costa Rica and Zambia;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Sweden and Peru;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Colombia and Belgium;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Uganda and the Netherlands.
These new Committee members will join the following States Parties which will complete the second year of their two-year term between the end of the 14MSP and the end of the 15MSP:
• Committee on Article 5 Implementation: Ecuador and Ireland;
• Committee on Cooperative Compliance: Algeria and Canada;
• Committee on Victim Assistance: Senegal and Thailand;
• Committee on the Enhancement of Cooperation and Assistance: Mexico and Switzerland.
Fifteenth Meeting of the States Parties
The 14MSP agreed that the 15MSP will take place from 28 November to 2 December 2016 in Santiago, Chile and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chile was designated to preside over the 15MSP. The meeting adopted cost estimates for the 15MSP.