Wednesday 15 June
1. Opening of the meeting by the Co-Chairs
The meeting was opened by its Co-Chairs from Bangladesh and Canada with the support of its Co-Rapporteurs from Japan and the United Republic of Tanzania.
2. Overview of the status of stockpile destruction
The Co-Chairs provided an overview of the general status of implementation of Article 4 of the Convention and called upon the Manager of the Implementation Support Unit of the GICHD to introduce a overview document prepared by the ISU. As well, the ICBL presented its views on progress made in destroying stockpiles.
3. Updates from States Parties on the status of implementation of Article 4
Presentations were made by the following States Parties which have recently completed destruction programmes:
The following States Parties which are in the process of destroying stockpiled antipersonnel mines provided updates:
4. Update from States not parties on stockpile destruction
His Excellency, Hussen M. Aideed, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior of the Transitional Federal Government of the Somali Republic provided an update as part of group of speakers who spoke on the matter of stockpile destruction by States not parties.
5. Updates from those in a position to do regarding cooperation and assistance
6. PFM mine destruction testing results in Ukraine
7. Actions taken resulting from stockpiles discovered after deadlines have passed
8. Stockpiles not under the control of a State Party