1. Opening of the Intersessional Meetings
2. Panel Discussion - Effective Implementation for All: Gender and Diverse Needs in Practice
3. Informal presentation of requests for extensions to be considered by the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties
Canada, as Chair of the Committee on Article 5 Implementation, provided an update on the status of the extension request process.
The following States Parties which have submitted a request for extension of their Article 5 deadlines for consideration at the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties presented highlights of their requests:
In addition, the Democratic Republic of the Congo which indicated that it will submit a request also took the floor.
The presentations from these States Parties were followed by comments from the following delegations:
On the request submitted by Colombia: ICBL, Mine Action Review, The HALO Trust and GICHD.
On the request submitted by Senegal: MAG, ICBL and Mine Action Review.
On the request submitted by Bosnia and Herzegovina: MAG, ICBL and Mine Action Review.
On the request submitted by Niger: ICBL and Mine Action Review.
On the request submitted by Ukraine: The HALO Trust, Mine Action Review, ICBL and GICHD.
On the request submitted by South Sudan: MAG, Mine Action Review, ICBL and GICHD.
On the request submitted by Mauritania: ICBL and Mine Action Review.
On the statement delivered by the Democratic Republic of the Congo: ICBL.
The ICBL also provided comments on Eritrea and Nigeria.
The following States Parties replied to comments made by organisations: Colombia and Senegal.
4. Panel discussion - Aligning Donor Coordination to Support Implementation of the Oslo
5. Panel discussion - Victim Assistance, Safety and Protection in Situations of Risk and Humanitarian Emergencies
6. Panel discussion - Addressing Anti-Personnel mines of an Improvised Nature under the Convention’s Framework
7. Panel discussion - Cooperative Compliance and the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention
8. Alternatives to the use of live anti-personnel mines for training
The President of the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties, H.E. Osman Abufatima Adam Mohammed of Sudan, provided an overview of the status of Article 3 and highlighted important matters related to the retention of anti-personnel mines for training purposes.
The Development Initiative (TDI) provided a presentation on the use of 3D printed training aides.
The presentation was followed by questions and comments from delegations.
9. The road towards the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties
The President of the the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties presented a draft agenda for the work of the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties.
H.E. Félix Baumann, Ambassador of Switzerland to the United Nations in Geneva, delivered a statement in his capacity as 18MSP Secretary-General Designate.
UNODA provided an update on financial matters related to the organisation of the 18MSP.
Australia, in its capacity as Coordinator of the Sponsorship Programme provided an update on the Sponsorship Programme.
10. Closing of the 2020 Intersessional Meetings
The Intersessional Meetings were closed by the President of the Eighteenth Meeting of the States Parties.